Saturday, February 19, 2011

Autumn Splendor - Taughannock State Park, NY Finger Lakes


The "BIG ONE" is finally done!  It is a 48" x 36" acrylic on artist grade stretched gallery wrapped canvas with the edges painted so that framing is not  necessary.  I worked on this piece for a month or so with 35+ hours spent on the actual painting and another 25+ hours spent on small studies, etc... I have a new found respect for artists who work in a large format.  Until now, the largest piece I had done was on a full sheet of watercolor paper (22" x 30").  I had to color adjust my photo to make the colors more accurate but some areas like the grass on the left read too dark and the foliage at the water's edge on the right reads too bright.  You can get a better idea of the colors in the photo of the painting in the room where it resides.  It was delivered this past weekend and received many complements from those who saw it.  The colors complement the room very nicely and it demands your attention as you enter the room.

3 comments:

  1. this is a very nice painting. I love your vivid colors! I'll bet your client is very happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mimi, Thanks for taking the time to check out my painting and your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks great, mom! wish i had seen it in person :) <3 mel

    ReplyDelete