Saturday, February 5, 2011

"Fallen" - a lovely fall scene with brightly colored foliage and birch trees

This was my first acrylic painting in 30+ years.  It is done on Rives BFK Printmaking paper, which I love, and was so much fun to do.  I just basically let myself play and enjoy the way the colors and textures came together.  The scene is from a photo of my neighbor's yard.  The fallen tree had been there for many years.  They recently removed it.  I have always wanted to paint it and this was the perfect opportunity.  I added the birch trees as practice for another project I'm working on.  This painting is being donated to a charity auction to benefit a children's hospital and several other worthy causes.  It is framed under glass in a lovely walnut frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment